I have been LOVING bloglovin’ lately. If you haven’t heard of it, it is a website that lets you follow all of your favorite blogs in one place. It’s so nice having a feed not only from wordpress but also blogger and other blogging platforms all on one page :). When I first started with bloglovin’, I had a hard time figuring out how to add the icon to my wordpress sidebar.
1. First things first you need to do is create a bloglovin account.
2. Once your logged in, go to Account> Your Blog.
3. Click on the + Claim Blog button and type in the address of your wordpress blog.
4. At this point have a new post ready in your wordpress dashboard (in another tab), then, when bloglovin’ give you a code to paste in , to verify your blog, paste it into the HTML layer of your post-then publish it. You can then click the claim blog button under the code (in the bloglovin’ tab) and it should then say your blog has been verified.
5. Now, to get the icon you want in the sidebar, first ( in your wordpress tab ) go to Appearance> Widgets and find the Text widget and move it right, into the sidebar bit. ( you might have to re-add any widgets you automatically had in your sidebar,like catagories, if it’s the first time you’ve customized your widgets page)
6. Next, go to your bloglovin’ tab and go to Account > Widgets. Now pick the widget you want in your sidebar and click Get this icon! Then copy the code that you are given.
7. Back in your wordpress tab make sure you’re in Appearance > Widgets then click the little arrow next to where in says Text in your Sidebar drop-down. Paste the code into the text box and remember to SAVE. :) Now if you visit your site the bloglovin’ icon should be in your sidebar.
(Click on any of the pictures above to be taken to my Bloglovin’ page at http://www.bloglovin.com/notoriousbeautyblog)
In addition, I’ve recently looked into using a custom image for my bloglovin’ icon because it is something I have been thinking about adding to my blog. I like the idea of adding my own personal touch to it.
1. Create your image using photoshop, of whatever art software you want.
2. I upload my images to picmonkey, but upload it to somewhere on the web.
3. Open the widget page on wordpress and put a new basic image widget into the widget area.
4. Then go back to where the image is on online, right click, and press ‘copy image location’.
5. Then past the location into the ‘Image URL’ space in the widget. Then go to your bloglovin’ page and copy the link from the address bar.
6. Lastly, copy the link into the ‘link URL’ space in the widget. Then just remember to save! :)
Hope this helps someone! Can’t wait to follow you all <3
Hugs and kisses xoxo